The jury’s in, and it looks like I’ve crossed 17 time zones in a matter of 11 days. Jetlagged seems like an understatement.
Yesterday, I touched down in my hometown of Corpus Christi, Texas after 5 months of studying abroad in Spain. I have the weekend to prepare for my summer internship, which begins promptly at 8 AM on Monday. I have two days to unpack, repack, and move myself and my belongings to a new city.
I’ll be interning with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality in Austin, Texas. Here’s a list of reasons why I’m excited:
- I’m working in the enforcement division, which means I get to see environmental regulation from the legal end, which totally lines up with my career inspirations (see about me section for details.)
- Torchy’s Tacos. If you haven’t tried one, you haven’t lived.
- The possibility of becoming a hipster / making a tasteful Indie Rock playlist
- New friends and new connections
- Complete autonomy (and the bills to prove it)
Tomorrow, I’ll make the drive up to Austin and move into my little summer abode. I’ll start my internship bright and early on Monday.
Fingers crossed for good first impressions.